Friday, September 2, 2011

DIY Mommy... Really?

Here it is, my premier venture into the vast world of blogging... the impulsive result of having a rare moment to myself this afternoon!  When asked what I wanted the title to be, I was quite stumped.  Frankly, I didn't even know why I was wanting to blog in the first place.  (Did you catch the phrase "impulsive result" above?!)  Obviously it needed to be a reflection of me.  Who am I?  Ah, but this is not the time, nor the place, to discuss that question.  Totally unnecessary and underwhelming.  So, superficially, who am I?  I am a wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and friend.  I am a follower of Christ; a believer in the Great I Am.  I am, and forever will be, too independent for my own good, unable to ask for help and unwilling to sit idle.  I know, a scary combination!  Drawing on the latter, I settled on DIY Mommy - and because DIY Momma was already taken!  No matter the task at hand or far-fetched desire, I am not going to ask someone else to do what I could do myself.  (What can I say, I am my mother's daughter!)  From home renovation to making my own photography props, I cannot refuse the adventure of taking on a new, and sometimes complicated, project - despite its lack of necessity at times!  So, in keeping with my title's theme, I will not only document the journey of my life and faith, but also try to impart some of the things I have learned in the equally vast world of "DIY".  Should be fun... now, let us hope that I continue to get these moments to myself to actually write new posts!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment